So it is time for a bit more of Wednesday’s Wit, Wisdom, Wondering and What Not. Now that I am mostly over being sick, the days are flying by! Hope your hump day is as good as I know that mine will be.
See what I did there? I predicted something good. I stated today would be great! I have gotten so bogged down the last few years on financial issues and how crappy my kid’s father has been to her that I have lost that positive zen glow. Okay, who am I fooling? Too hype to be zen. But anyhow, I have always been happy-go-lucky Harriet. No matter what came my way I was well equipped to deal with it. But the last few years I have lost some of it because of different events and I can’t let trials bring me down in the way that I have.
From this point on, I truly vow to let go and let God. For real tho. I want to cease being annoyed, but so much annoys me these days! I am so happy to have such strong bonds with my kid, D and my mom, so they always bring out the sunshine in my life. I am so close to them and I vent sometimes too much because I know they have my back. But then I get riled up and frustrated that is just not helpful to me.
Do you guys just get so pissed sometimes that you want to scream to the top of your lungs and just let someone have it? I do, too often as of late and I know it is not conducive to good health or inner peace. I will never profess to be someone who smiles every second of the day and is all lollipops and rainbows (though that would be nice). But I really am going to work on my chill because I am a pleasant person and quite fun to be around but have been high strung for sometime now.
Who’s with me on working on the chill? Here’s my plan, for now-
1. Journal– I don’t mean something cumbersome and stressful. Just a few sentences about- my rose, bud and thorn of the day. My kid does that. It’s quick and easy. It will be cool to look back on years later too.
2. Workout- I have begun this for short spurts when I have breaks at work. I plan to do more focused and planned exercises. Like 30 day exercises that you see on Pinterest. Here’s one- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/326229566734538840/
3. Avoid anxiety- This is tough because folks in DMV are a pain. Until I move I’m stuck with them. So, I will severely limit interactions that I can control, ex husband/ friends who are high maintenance.
4. Do more of what I love– Read, write, go to festivals, listen to live music, help animals, chill at cafes. And share with my people so they can see me at my best doing what I love.
5. Plan low cost day trips– There is nothing like a change of scenery to gain perspective or just to have fun in a different locale. The memories are cool too. There many cool towns a fee hours ffrom D.C.
Seems like a sound plan? Let me know what some of you guys do to get your positive on. I would love to hear some of your tips!