So, for me, I really want to be a continuous blogger. I want to have engaged followers and make a real go of this. But being a Lifestyle Blogger is the bomb and all, but it is hard to build a solid following because readers are from all different groups. There is no true niche. But I like it because I am not the type of person that can be easily placed into a box or category or type. I started thinking today about many ways to get myself where I want to be as a blogger, but then started realizing that the things I need to do to make changes happen in my life now are very similar to what I need to do to grow my blog.
1. Be Consistent (self-explanatory)
2. Do Things Differently to Achieve Desired Results (the whole insanity is doing the same thing over and over bit)
3. Truly Live Outside of the Box (thinking out of it isn’t enough)
4. Start the Day With Routine (make the bed, put away the dishes, feed my cat, wipe the counters, WRITE!!)
5. Be Kind to Myself (but not so much so that I shirk responsibility or break promises to myself, i.e. workout or get writing done)
6. Write Down Goals for the Day/Week/Month and Post Them (somewhere highly visible!)
I want to be more DC centric in my blog and I have 3 or 4 more ideas that I want to do to make it go in a direction that I will be comfortable with. But I don’t want to keep pontificating about these changes. I want action and the only way to do that is to change myself and my approach to things. And honestly, up my sense of commitment to bettering myself overall. If I can barely get out of the bed everyday, how can my blog work the magic that I think it can.
I am sure that some of you can relate to this as 2020 hasn’t exactly been a banner f—-ing year. And for those with losses, it is even harder. Since losing my mom last month, I find it hard to brush my teeth or put one foot in front of the other. It is the first time I have experienced true depression. But I know that wallowing in all that is wrong in my life and with the world won’t help me in any way.
What are your thoughts? How do you cope with being less than motivated? Or how do you implement and stick to change and getting your crap together. I would TRULY appreciate your thoughts.